10 Oct What to expect: Installation process for existing homes
With summer approaching your existing home is probably starting to get very hot due to air leaks from your current insulation. To keep your home much cooler this summer, and to keep those monthly energy bills low, you might want to start thinking about installing spray foam insulation. Now, I’m sure you’re thinking something along the lines of: “what’s the process of the installation?” well lucky for you we’re here to provide you with our step-by-step process from the moment you begin your inquiry to the second you see the difference in your home.
1. Contact us
- Using our forum found on our contact page here, or calling (480) 695-1764, one of our professional sales representatives will contact you as soon as possible regarding your inquiry and any questions you may have.
- Providing us with the address of your home and other specifics such as your current insulation, whether or not your home has any vaulted ceilings, and where your attic access is will allow us to get started on your estimate.
2. The Estimate
- We’ll do the work so you don’t have to. With the address you provide, we’ll be able to look up the square footage of the livable space, the pitch of the roof, and any gables present.
- We will then send over, via email, your detailed proposal which will include the price of the extraction of current insulation, application of new insulation, the labor and materials and any trip charge necessary.
- When you’re ready to move forward in the process please sign, scan, and email or fax the proposal and we’ll put you on the schedule as soon as possible. 50% is due at signing
- With existing homes, we spend one day extracting any current insulation that resides in your home. The main reason behind this is that the current insulation can be carrying mold, pests, and dust that should be extracted as soon as possible.
- The following day after extraction is when we insulate your home. On this day we will need you to remain out of your home for 24 hours until the product has set. We have the very best spray team that has been trained and OSHA certified in order to properly insulate your house. The process can take anywhere from 4 to 8 hours, depending on the size of your home. Once finished, the crew will clean up any debris or mess accumulated from the installation.
- We will contact you after the job is complete to collect remaining 50%
6. Feel and see the difference
- Not much longer than a week after the installation, you’ll be able to feel the difference. The usual hot spots your home had will feel dramatically cooler and more comfortable than before. Your home won’t feel as stuffy, and you’ll find yourself dusting a lot less.
- Within two months, depending on the time of the year, you’ll be able to see the dramatic drop in your energy bills. Look back and compare from last year if you can, we dare you.
Hopefully with this step-by-step process, you will have a better idea of what to expect when choosing EMC Insulation to spray foam your existing home. If you have any additional questions do not hesitate to give our office a call at (480) 882-2026 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org